Image

Alcanada, Mallorca

Alcanada is one of my favourite courses in Mallorca and the Balearic islands. It is usually in pretty good condition and offer some spectacular views of the mediterranean sea.

IMG_6288

On the range warming up. You can practice on either mats or grass. It is one of the better facilities in Mallorca, but I prefer Son Gual if it is for practice.

Billede 22-07-2016 16.52.53

Approach shot the 1st hole, which is a short par 5 downhill. You can spot the pin between the trees and the approach shot is the tricky part of this hole due to hazard and trees in front of the green.

Billede 22-07-2016 16.54.18

I managed to get my second shot on the green and 2 putted for a birdie, nice start to the round…

Billede 22-07-2016 17.40.45

5th green, a dogleg rigth par 4 to a green with trees and water in the background. Managed to get my par after a good drive down the fairway.

Billede 22-07-2016 17.53.50

Par 5, 7th where you really start to get the great ocean view. Downhill with a steep slope after the bunker in the middle of the fairway. If you can get the ball down the slope you will have a chance for the green in 2 shots. I hit my drive right and got a par

Billede 22-07-2016 18.06.14A view of the 7th green and back up the fairway.

Billede 22-07-2016 18.28.31

Tee shot on par 4 9th hole. Great view and a nice hole overall. Got a nice birdie on the hole with a chip in from the rough – lucky, but sometimes that also golf…. I was 1 over par after the first 9 holes. The course is not that difficult and only plays around 6100 yards from the yellow tees. My 3 birdies on the front nine obviously made a difference to my score…

Billede 22-07-2016 18.48.49

Stunning views on par 5 11th.

Billede 22-07-2016 19.14.19

elevated tee box on 13th with sea views.

Billede 22-07-2016 19.14.49

Another great hole with spectacular views. Par 5 13th. Hit your drive over the bunker in the middle will leave a mid to long iron. I hit my drive left of the bunker and my second shot was a little to long and ended up behind the green.

Billede 22-07-2016 19.23.12

13th green

IMG_6333

Par 3 14th where I hit a good 9 iron and made birdie.

Billede 22-07-2016 19.35.38

Par 4 15th where I hit my drive down the fairway and a good wedge just short of the hole. Didnt manage to convert the birdie.

Billede 22-07-2016 19.39.03

15th green

Billede 22-07-2016 19.50.50

Approach to 16th green.

I shot a 1 over par 73, which I was pleased with. 4 birdies was great and I generally played well with 61% GIR.

I have seen the course in better shape and the greens were slow compared to when I have played before. It is always a good experience and if you get a chance visit the restaurant.

myscore